Reporting

Why can't I update the Distributed Management Console with error "Saved search "DMC Asset - Build Full" cannot be executed because it is disabled."?

OldManEd
Builder

I've been having issues with updating the Splunk Distributed Management Console. Looking at the splunkd.log file I saw the following entry;

ERROR SavedSearchAdminHandler - Saved search "DMC Asset - Build Full" cannot be executed because it is disabled.

So how do I enable this so I can update DMC and address my current issue?

0 Karma
1 Solution

OldManEd
Builder

Never mind, I found it. In "Under Searches, reports, and alerts", under App Context>Distributed Management Console, the "DMC Asset - Build Full" search was sitting. I simply enabled it and everything worked fine.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

OldManEd
Builder

Never mind, I found it. In "Under Searches, reports, and alerts", under App Context>Distributed Management Console, the "DMC Asset - Build Full" search was sitting. I simply enabled it and everything worked fine.

0 Karma

hexx
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Just curious but why are you looking to edit this search? Also, was the search disabled manually?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...