Other Usage

How to restrict external access to embedded report

tomapatan
Communicator

We have a requirement to share a Splunk report externally and I`m aware we can achieve this by using iframes to embed the report.

My question is who can access the iframe - assuming it`s everyone who has a copy of the iframe/URL - and if there`s a way to restrict access to certain users only ? Can the restriction be applied within Splunk, or does it need to be applied within the external web app that we`re sharing with ?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

yeahnah
Motivator

Hi @tomapatan 

Yes, I believe embedded reports are readable by anyone with access to the iframe/URL.  Splunk does not have a way to be aware of who is accessing it, so this would need to be applied at the Web front end.

Having said that, depending on needs, the content of a report is usually generalised/summarised data, with the report creator having control over what is presented or more importantly, not presented or obfuscated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

yeahnah
Motivator

Hi @tomapatan 

Yes, I believe embedded reports are readable by anyone with access to the iframe/URL.  Splunk does not have a way to be aware of who is accessing it, so this would need to be applied at the Web front end.

Having said that, depending on needs, the content of a report is usually generalised/summarised data, with the report creator having control over what is presented or more importantly, not presented or obfuscated.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...