Reporting

How to only include data for certain hours of the day and certain days of the week for scheduled report delivery?

andrei1bc
Communicator

Hello

Looking at the scheduled report delivery, there is no option to exclude days in a longer time range or limit the report to a specific time frame.

Can you point me in the right direction of creating 2 reports:
1 - daily that contains events between 9 AM and 6 PM
2 - monthly that contains events between 9 AM and 6 PM excluding weekends (so Monday to Friday)

Splunk version: 6.3.1

Thank you in advance.

1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

sourcetype=foo
| eval date_hour=strftime(_time, "%H") | eval date_wday = strftime(_time, "%w")
| search date_hour>=9 date_hour<=18 date_wday>=1 date_wday<=5

View solution in original post

bchainou

This also worked for me on Splunk 6.5.2.:
source=source (date_hour>=9 date_hour<=18) (date_wday!=sunday date_wday!=saturday)

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

You can use following for your daily report (assuming you run the report daily to create report of yesterday's data)

index=yourindex sourcetype=yoursourcetype earliest=-1d@d+9h latest=@d-6h  | your reporting commands

Use this for your monthly report (for previous month)

index=yourindex sourcetype=yoursourcetype earliest=-1mon@mon latest=@mon date_hour>=9 date_hour<=18 NOT (date_wday=saturday OR date_wday=sunday) | your reporting commands
0 Karma

andrei1bc
Communicator

When using your search i had missing events.

0 Karma

KChaudhary
Explorer

what if the time is between 9:30 to 18:30?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

sourcetype=foo
| eval date_hour=strftime(_time, "%H") | eval date_wday = strftime(_time, "%w")
| search date_hour>=9 date_hour<=18 date_wday>=1 date_wday<=5

andrei1bc
Communicator

Thank you. This works.

0 Karma

HeinzWaescher
Motivator

You can use date_mday and date_hour to filter your scheduled searches:

Like this:

sourcetype=foo date_hour>=9 date_hour<=18 (date_wday=monday OR date_wday=tuesday OR date_wday=wednesday OR date_wday=thursday OR date_wday=friday)
0 Karma

andrei1bc
Communicator

For some reason using your string i only get 1 event per day and that is not ok.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...