Reporting

Email alerting doesn't work

fingolfin
Explorer

Hello together

I wanted to enable the Mail alerting, and i have also make the steps, from the docs, and i also have reading Problems/Solutions in the Splunkbase. But no assisstance was the solution for my Problem.
I've create an alert with the informations, and i have also edith the systemsettings to the settings for our Company.
But when we still sniffer on the smtpport, there is no output. I have also check the firewall settings and i also have check our mail Server (lotus notes). The connection with telnet, we have also check.

because i have nothing further found to this problem, i ask you, fore some tips or a solution

Thank you

ps. sorry for my bad english, but it is not my native language, and i am still in education.

Tags (3)
1 Solution

jbsplunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I provided steps for troubleshooting this in the following Splunk Answers post. This should be useful in making a determination as to what is occurring.

http://splunk-base.splunk.com/answers/32498/how-to-troubleshoot-splunk-email-notification

Basically, you want to ensure the saved search is configured to alert, and that your email settings are correct. Presuming they are, you can check scheduler.log to see if an alert fired, and python.log to see what, if anything, happened with the triggered alert.

View solution in original post

jbsplunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I provided steps for troubleshooting this in the following Splunk Answers post. This should be useful in making a determination as to what is occurring.

http://splunk-base.splunk.com/answers/32498/how-to-troubleshoot-splunk-email-notification

Basically, you want to ensure the saved search is configured to alert, and that your email settings are correct. Presuming they are, you can check scheduler.log to see if an alert fired, and python.log to see what, if anything, happened with the triggered alert.

fingolfin
Explorer

No there are no errors in splunkd.log.
If you mean that in the folder Splunk is an Folder Python 2.7, than Yes.

But i have only installed the Splunk-msi not.
Is this python a single installation? Or does it install it with the splunk installation?

0 Karma

jbsplunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Are you seeing any python errors in splunkd.log? Is python actually installed?

0 Karma

fingolfin
Explorer

sorry, I meant to say:
that I "phyton.log" could not found,
on the whole server, including the folder "$ SPLUNK_HOME / var / log / splunk /" is not a file called phyton log.

0 Karma

jbsplunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Not sure what you are saying here, but you should look for python.log in $SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/splunk/

0 Karma

fingolfin
Explorer

hello jbsplunk thanks for you answer!
Now i have check the scheduler.log
and i would say this is correct.
But when i am search the python.log, i'm can't finde this file on the splunkpath. I don't know, is this the problem?
regards

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...