Reporting

Dashboard pdf report doesn't pick up formatting

carolinel
Loves-to-Learn

I want to have a report scheduled to be sent via email, but unfortunately the data in the pdf report is not formatted as it is on the dashboard.

For example:   $11,323,665  shows as 11323665 in the pdf. 

I converted the dashboard to html, the html code contains the number formatting, but it doesn't show on the html dashboard.

Multiple dashboard panels have a table with one row, the row of data is displayed in very small characters, hard to read, and the numbers that are not formatted are even harder to read because they are displayed much smaller.  How can I change the formatting on the pdf ?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

carolinel
Loves-to-Learn

I used this workaround:

I converted the numbers to a string and used the fieldformat command to add the commas.

Example: 

|  fieldformat DollarValue ="$ ".tostring(DollarValue,"commas")

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...