Reporting

Can you help me with scheduling a report which collects data for a summary index?

splunkannm

I want to schedule a report daily that collects data into a summary index.

eg :

index= abc |table a b c |collect index =

However, I want the data to be added and not replaced every time the report is run. For eg, if there are two events generated on day 1 and three events generated by the search on day 2, on day 3, before the report runs, there should be 5 events in total for the summary index.

How do I avoid this replacement of index when scheduling?

0 Karma
1 Solution

Vijeta
Influencer

Hi,

The events are always added when you use collect statement and not replaced. Can you provide more details on the requirement?

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Vijeta
Influencer

Hi,

The events are always added when you use collect statement and not replaced. Can you provide more details on the requirement?

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...