Other Usage

Splunk downloaded csv is converting special symbols like Ω, µA into different symbols?

mukka123

Hello Team,

We have some special symbols which are in our application like Ω, µA etc..

We are able to export data from application successfully and push it to Splunk and able to create report successfully.

In Splunk report we are able to see the symbols properly without any issue but when we download the data into a csv and see the symbols it is converting into different symbols. Can somebody help us how we can solve this

Thanks,

Reddy

Labels (1)
0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@mukka123 - Are you reading the CSV file in Excel?

If so you need to tell Excel to use UTF-8 encoding - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6002256/is-it-possible-to-force-excel-recognize-utf-8-csv-files-...

I hope this helps!!! Kindly upvote if it does!!!

0 Karma

mukka123

@VatsalJagani Thanks for your reply.

We already tried it what was mentioned below

Like downloading the csv from Splunk and then load it with UTF-8 , it worked but our goal is to downloaded file from splunk itself should have this special symbols without converting them

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@mukka123 - You are not converting the file here, you are reading it the right way.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...