Other Usage

Splunk Integration with Datadog

madhav_dholakia
Contributor

Hello,

What are the best methods to ingest Datadog Log and Metrics Data into Splunk Cloud/HF? 

We have a requirement to fetch datadog dashboard and populate it to Splunk Dashboard.

Thank you.

Regards,

Madhav

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you looked at the Datadog Add-on for Splunk (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/4163)?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

shoaibalimir

Hi,

I'm actually trying to bring all the Datadog metrics, logs and it's telemetry data available to Splunk.

I tried the Datadog Add-On for Splunk. In the Datadog-Splunk Add-On, there's limitation of metrics, like only system metrics and some limited metrics are coming into Splunk, not all. Also, the data points aren't lining up as they should as comparing to Datadog.

In terms of metrics fetching, it seems that there're restricted to limited system metrics, but I have different plug-ins in Datadog to support various applications like Mongo DB and other applications which has their Out of the Box (OOTB) metrics streaming into Datadog, I require those to be ingested into Splunk.

Please guide me on how to achieve the same.

0 Karma

madhav_dholakia
Contributor

thanks @richgalloway - yes, we looked at this Add-on but we found some limitations w.r.t. our use case - Please allow me some time and I will share more details on the use case.

0 Karma

madhav_dholakia
Contributor

thanks @shoaibalimir  - Hi @richgalloway, Shoaib is my colleague and these are the limitations due to which we are not using Add-on. Can you please suggest what are the alternates? Thank you.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...