Other Usage

Keep getting 403 The forbidden error when logging into to Splunk.com

CalvinZ

I want to download the trial version of Splunk Enterprise. Managed to register it. Whenever I try to login to Splunk.com, it keep showing 403 error. I tried with both Chrome and Firefox, same error. Both browser are latest version. I already tried following

When I clicked on Login, it will redirect to following and shown 403 error

https://www.splunk.com/saml/login?module=nav&redirecturl=https://www.splunk.com/

Windows 11 (updated with latest MS patches) and home network

- rebooted the laptop and router

- Clear cache of browsers

- Added www.splunk.com to trusted zone

- Disabled Windows Firewall

- Disabled AV

Anything else I should be checking?

0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Generally speaking the 403 error is on the server side.  You say you are trying to download a trial, and that you "Managed to register it. "  I don't know what that latter means?  If it's a trial, you download it, install it and it just works.  They're *all* trials until you put in a real license key (or connect it to your license master).[1]

You could try

a) just logging into a different place in Splunk, like docs.splunk.com.  I think once you are logged in there you can then go back to splunk.com and see if it all still works.

b) Have you tried just creating a new account and seeing if you can download it then?  I'm not aware of any actual process to this, you just "create new account" and fill in a few pieces of information then off to the downloads you go.

Anyway, hope one of these gets you working again!

[1] LOL, this has actually been a complaint of mine for a decade now.  I don't want to download a trial and convert it, I want to feel like I'm downloading the actual paid-for version that $company owned.  But it's just words, so 'whatever'.  🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...