Monitoring Splunk

website-monitoring 271 The read operation timed out

nautni1
Engager

When I am trying to add the new URI, I keep getting below error.

Encountered the following error while trying to save: Splunkd daemon is not responding: ("Error connecting to /servicesNS/admin/launcher/data/inputs/web_ping: ('The read operation timed out',)",)

I have website-monitoring_271 in my Splunk

sonygchandy

I got the same error mentioned and after triaging this is what i found out:

Steps what was done

1) Restart the splunkd service after killing and starting it with admin privileges- Didnt work

2) Went to the directorty "Website Monitoring\website_monitoring\default"
Go to the file "website_monitoring.conf" and see if you have the right values entered. I had a value for "#thread_limit=" and i removed the same and saved the file again.All the entries were blank except for the thread limit. I removed the entry and tried again and i was able to proceed.

Please note that this worked for me and i am not sure if this would be the right solution.

0 Karma

zulhilmi

Anyone fix this issue?

0 Karma

prateedshetty
Path Finder

add the label 'website monitoring'. The developer might reply to it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...