Monitoring Splunk

SNMP polling with Splunk

jay_chow
Engager

I am exploring using SPLUNK to do SNMP polling to my cisco router and switches. I checked SPLUNK documentation and found out that its only support SNMP traps. I am searching SPLUNK-Answer for some recommendation, but seems like there are no direct answers or working example which i can use.

1) Do you have any ideas if SNMP poll/walk will be supported in future, since WMI is supported for windows host?

2) Do you have any sample working example for running net-snmp poll for any cisco router and switches for their interface speed/ingress/egress bandwidth?

Thanks millions to all.

a_salikov
Path Finder

Hello, everyone,

Please, can you help me. I installed SNMP Modular Input and configured SNMP polling to server. But data don't receive to Splunk. Also I can't find snmp_ta sourcetype in list. Can you say what I may solve this problem?
alt textThank you!

0 Karma

jadengoho
Builder

Hi jay_chow , so you solve this problema , if yes can you tell us how or what is the process you do ?

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

ssattler
Path Finder

yea, docs are light and so far not working for me...

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

SNMP polling is available to Splunk via external scripts. This question and answer covers some of it: http://splunk-base.splunk.com/answers/38219/snmpget-with-splunk

Brian_Osburn
Builder

I do have a Python script that I've written to do SNMP queries against a Netapp Filer as part of an app I'm hoping to release in the near future..if you want, I can get you a copy of it - it uses net-snmp, and would require a bit of modification to query cisco's.

Brian

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...