Monitoring Splunk

Monitor the performance of Splunk Inputs Data Manager

ramganeshn
Explorer

Hi All,

We have configured multiple inputs in our Splunk IDM Layer and few of them are Microsoft Add-ons. Each of these add-ons have multiple inputs with varied time frequency to pull data from Azure resources. Hence, we would like to know the limit on configuring the inputs or the limit of apps & add-ons that can be installed in the Splunk IDM layer. Also, we would like to know if the performance can be monitored by us through some means?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Sorry, but the IDM is invisible to everyone outside of Splunk Cloud Support.

You shouldn't need to worry about limits on the IDM.  If you attempt to install more than it can handle then Splunk should make the IDM bigger so it can handle the extra work.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

ramganeshn
Explorer

Hi,

Thanks for your response!

Do you mean that, even if we have a scenario, wherein we place very frequent data pulls from an azure resource, this will not have an impact to our performance?

Also, does Splunk enforce any performance limits(i.e, maximum number of inputs, minimum time interval for pull frequency, maximum add-on installation count, etc) to the customers over the usage of IDM?

Please advise.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I can't guarantee that nothing will affect the IDM performance, but it's up to Splunk to manage that for you.

There are no performance limitations on the IDM that I can find.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

ramganeshn
Explorer

Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...