Monitoring Splunk

Error with earliest and latest keywords

krish1733
Engager

I'm getting an error when I input earliest and latest keywords with the search query. I have set the time picker corresponding to the values used in the query.  It's showing 'Unknown search command 'earliest'' when trying to use those commands. I'm using splunk Enterprise version.

This is my query:

index=sample ServiceName="cet.prd.*" |  earliest=-3d latest=now()

Labels (2)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

earliest and latest are search terms, not commands, remove the pipe '|' which separates command in the search.

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

my apologies,  i read the 3 lines and missed the remaining..

Please try this... 

index=sample ServiceName="cet.prd.*"  earliest=-3d latest=now()

let us know what happens, thanks.  

0 Karma

krish1733
Engager

@inventsekar Please see my post. I had already added the query there.

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @krish1733 
Pls check the Splunk Documentation for this topic:

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.1.1/Search/Specifytimemodifiersinyoursearch

Splunk provides many options to specify these times.. for example, you can relatively calculate these times..  you can use a subsearch for calculating these times and pass it to main search. let us know more info about your requirements, so we can suggest you best ideas/solutions. 

As you are a new member, i would like to suggest you.. the karma points / upvotes are appreciated. if any post solves your question, please "accept that as the solution".. so the question will move out of unanswered queue, also it will help those who help you, thanks. 

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @krish1733 .. pls update us your current Splunk Search query, how the earliest and latest you are calculating.. etc

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...