Knowledge Management

Stop logs forwarding logs from the universal forwarder to an indexer

So76
Explorer

How do I stop my indexer consuming logs from a universal forwarder that was decommissioned. We did not remove the UF from the host before we gave the device away. It is no more connecting to the Deployment Server. Can null queue work?

Host = frontwave

source=WinEventLog:SecurityWinEventLog:Application

index=winder

Labels (1)
0 Karma

SinghK
Builder

Are you sure the server was decommed? And are you sure it's not the same server may be they freed up the IP and reassigned it to a new server? 

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Well, what do you mean "gave it away"? It's out of your control and can still connect to your splunk infrastructure? That's not a good security practice 😉

I'd start at network level and simply drop the connections on firewall. Rerouting to nullqueue should work, but why bother with processing data from such unit at all?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...