Knowledge Management

Malware_attacks dataset is not showing event under Malware Datamodel

rashid47010
Communicator

Dear Experts,

there are no events for "Malware"."Malware_attacks".

tags and eventtypes seems fine
but there are no events when I select
tag=malware in the search.

how can I troubleshoot Malware Datamodel issue.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

koshyk
Super Champion

Ok, there are few moving parts for displaying the tags

1. Splunk CIM => https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/CIM/4.13.0/User/Malware
  2. The Addon/TA which contains logic to extract the tags
  3. Your data/sourcetype

You need all of the above for the tag to show properly. So inorder to debug
a. Ensure your data/sourcetype contains malware type of events. Check if this sourcetype is used by the relevant Addon/TA
b. Go into the TA and check for props.conf, transforms.conf, eventtypes.conf & tags.conf. See if they are extracting properly from your data. Test this in DEV
c. If (a) and (b) is all good, then ensure your CIM app/addon is correct version.
d. Check for datamodels and its acceleration

View solution in original post

0 Karma

koshyk
Super Champion

Ok, there are few moving parts for displaying the tags

1. Splunk CIM => https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/CIM/4.13.0/User/Malware
  2. The Addon/TA which contains logic to extract the tags
  3. Your data/sourcetype

You need all of the above for the tag to show properly. So inorder to debug
a. Ensure your data/sourcetype contains malware type of events. Check if this sourcetype is used by the relevant Addon/TA
b. Go into the TA and check for props.conf, transforms.conf, eventtypes.conf & tags.conf. See if they are extracting properly from your data. Test this in DEV
c. If (a) and (b) is all good, then ensure your CIM app/addon is correct version.
d. Check for datamodels and its acceleration

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...