Knowledge Management

In Splunk Cloud, how do I reassign knowledge objects when they don't show up in "Reassign Knowledge Objects"?

BlueSocket
Communicator

Dear All,

I am running on Splunk Cloud 9.0.2208.3 as a sc_admin-rolled user and I have created a load of calculated fields as my user for the administrators to see data in the associated Data Models. I have made the Calculated Fields non-private - i.e. in the app/global as appropriate.

All is good and others can see the data in the DMs, however, I am leaving the company and they are going to have to delete my user as a part of the offboarding process (plus I don't want to be blamed if someone hacks the system and it was my user, somehow).

As a result, I want to reassign my KBOs to the nobody user, so that my user is no longer in the circuit and can be safely deleted, however, when I go into "Reassign Knowledge Objects", I cannot see the Calculated Fields at all. I have made sure that I can see KBOs in all apps and all users and still no dice.

Why can't I reassign these KBOs??? How can I do this? Or perhaps, do I NEED to do this?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, the KOs need to be reassigned to avoid becoming orphaned.  You'll need to submit a support request for that.  The request should name every KO to be reassigned as well as the new owner.  Consider creating a service account to be the new owner to avoid this problem in the future.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, the KOs need to be reassigned to avoid becoming orphaned.  You'll need to submit a support request for that.  The request should name every KO to be reassigned as well as the new owner.  Consider creating a service account to be the new owner to avoid this problem in the future.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

BlueSocket
Communicator

Thanks for your response, @richgalloway . I will do so.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...