Knowledge Management

How to inastall DB Connect on Heavy Forwarder?

Adpafer
Loves-to-Learn Everything

I installed DB Connect on Heavy Forwarder but I get message the task server cannot start. Eariler I installed DB Connect of Search Head (the same way) and it worked fine. What is the problem with Heavy Forwarder?

Can anyone please give mi clear answer? I

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Installs DB Connect on a heavy forwarder the same way it is installed on a search head.  Make sure the HF has the right Java and JDBC drivers installed.  If it still doesn't work, please share the exact error message text.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

Adpafer

One more thing I have just noticed.... when it works as Forwarder, the task server cannot start but when I changed the license group to Enterprise the task server started. The problem is that I need a Heavy Forwarde with DB connect working...

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What license does the HF have when not set to "Enterprise"?  HFs must be licensed to function properly.  In an on-prem environment, point them to your license manager; in Splunk Cloud, get a free 0GB forwarder license.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

Adpafer

1a.jpg1b.jpg

I did it many times od Search Head and it always worked. I did it exactly the same way on HF and it does not work. I checked path to Java, I restarted Splunk several times and I still get this error message 😞

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...