Knowledge Management

CIM compliance add-on normalizes data to which data model

kannu
Communicator

Hello All ,

Just wanted to know is there any way , in which we can identify that available CIM compliance add on on Splunk base normalizes to which data model of CIM Splunk ,

One way i know is to check tags .conf and eventype.conf , where they mentioned the data model name in form of tag ,

but if tags.conf and  eventype.conf is not there then how to identify which data model is being used in addon .

If anybody has also faced the same issue , like me , or knows how to deal with it , please let me know .

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @kannu,

there isn't a pre-defined way to associate an Ad-On to a Data Model.

You should see the tags (defined in tags.conf), and map them to the Data Models Constraints that you can find in the pages of these URL: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/CIM/5.3.1/User/Howtousethesereferencetables .

Some Add-Ons could also be associated to more than one Data Model.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

kannu
Communicator

@gcusello  .

I am using tags.conf way only , but in few apps its not there , not even eventype.conf , so for those apps its become very difficult .

Few of them are:

proofpoint-decoder-add-on-for-splunk_100
qintel-pmi-add-on-for-splunk_100
technical-add-on-for-honeypy_10

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @kannu,

I understand: there aren't eventtypes.conf and tags.conf, (I don't understand how it was declared CIM compliant!).

The only way is consider them as custom and follow the normalization process using the Add-On builder or the SA-CIM Vlaidator.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...