Installation

Why can I not install splunk on windows?

mofonguero

I have been trying to install Splunk on Windows 10, but it gives me an error that says "Splunk enterprise setup wizard ended prematurely because of an error". I have tried installing it in command prompt running as an administrator, but it does not work either. 

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

jho-splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @mofonguero,

Please see here for instructions on how to troubleshoot further: https://community.splunk.com/t5/Installation/Install-issue-on-Server-2016/m-p/540173/highlight/true#....

Cheers,

- Jo.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @mofonguero,

did you used the last Splunk version?

have you in plase some antivirus or personal firewall or another protection on you Windows?

I installed Splunk many times on Windows 10 without any issue.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

mofonguero

Hello Giuseppe

As far as I know I only have basic configurations in my firewall and anti-virus, however if there are any specific settings that you might know please let me know. I am not blocking any ports that could prevent me from downloading it either. It starts downloading but then it stops prematurely and rolls back. I tried downloading it in my desktop, then used a VM with a Linux OS and it didnt work either. Yes I am trying to download the latest version and tried different versions too. It seems like this is not for me

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @mofonguero,

as I said, disable any personal firewall you have.

Then see at "C:\Program Files\Splunk\var\log\splunk" if there's some log file about the installation.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...