Installation

Splunk ES post install "Auto SSL enablement error"

slider8p2023
Explorer

Hi

I finished upgrading Splunk ES to 7.3.0 on 1 of 2 non-clustered Search Heads and I receive this error on the Search Head Post Install Configuration wizard menu "Error in 'essinstall' command: Automatic SSL enablement is not permitted on the deployer".

Splunk support have recommened to change the setting on web.conf to "splunkdConnectionTimeout = 3000", which I added to the system file and restarted the splunkd.

Unforutnately this timeout setting does not help fix this "known issue".

I have selected Enable SSL option in the Post Config Process as I know that SSL is enabled in both the Deployer and SH web configs.

If anyone has a work around for this or can suggest how I can enable SSL after the post configuration of Splunk ES on both the SH and Deployer, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

slider8p2023
Explorer

Apparently this setting was not enabled on our deployer hence the ES upgrade still proceeded without it's enablement.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

slider8p2023
Explorer

Apparently this setting was not enabled on our deployer hence the ES upgrade still proceeded without it's enablement.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...