Installation

No Splunk download for MacOS 10.15.1 (Catalina)

robdowie
Engager

I have downloaded the latest version of Splunk but when I try run it I get: “Splunk_8.0.1.pkg” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software."

Is there a way round this issue? is it because there is no 10.15 download yet?

kumarviv
Explorer

I did the installation as suggested but when I launch the GUI it is throwing this error :

File "/Applications/Splunk/lib/python3.7/site-packages/splunk/clilib/cli.py", line 24, in
import splunk.clilib.cli_common as comm
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'splunk',I did as said above and installation happened but when I try to launch the GUI it is throwing this error:

File "/Applications/Splunk/lib/python3.7/site-packages/splunk/clilib/cli.py", line 24, in
import splunk.clilib.cli_common as comm
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'splunk'

0 Karma

tgurantz_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Interesting, I'm not having any error. Maybe open this up as a new question as it may be unrelated?

0 Karma

aamirs291
Path Finder

Rob,

To resolve this issue you would need to do the following :

After receiving this error message go to System Preferences > Security and Privacy > General > Under Allow Apps downloaded from AppStore and identified developers you should see the error message which was displayed earlier. Click Open Anyway and that should let you install Splunk.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...