Installation

License_usage.log: How to find what system/host is sending certain log entries and if these count against my license?

hartfoml
Motivator

I have this log entry in the "license_usage.log" file

10-20-2014 23:56:16.888 -0500 INFO LicenseUsage - type=Usage s="" st="WinEventLog:Application" h="" o="" i="27AA4E28-C9C6-4177-84F1-9A79462121BB" pool="auto_generated_pool_enterprise" b=55412 poolsz=xxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't know what system is sending these logs. How do I know what system is sending these logs and if I am being charged for the logs from this system?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

chanfoli
Builder

One thing I thought of is using netstat on your indexer(s) to identify IPs of all TCP connections to 9997 and work through the IPs. Another is to search your index(es) for events with anomalous host fields for sourcetype="WinEventLog:Application"

0 Karma

chanfoli
Builder
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...