Installation

How to integrate new indexers to an existing multisite indexer cluster?

athapliyal
Engager

Hey , So I need to integrate 12 new indexers to an existing multisite indexer cluster. Cant seem to find a documentation with this. Any pointer would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

if/when you have this size of multisite cluster, I suppose that you have (or at least you should) some kind of automation like ansible to manage that cluster? If not you could follow up @inventsekar 's link to just add a new search peers to both site. But as I said usually you have some tools to manage multisite (also normal) indexer clusters to ensure that all nodes are identical.

r. Ismo

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

>>> So I need to integrate 12 new indexers to an existing multisite indexer cluster.

i assume, you want to "add" 12 new indexer peers to the existing multisite indexer cluster.. Please check:

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.1.0/Indexer/Addclusterpeer

if this resolves you query, can you pls accept it as solution.. thanks. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...