Installation

How do I download a trial version of an app on Splunkbase?

altink
Builder

Hello everyone.

I have seen some Splunk apps (vendor sites) which are trial Versions - example 60 Days.

I checked long here on Answers and on the web but found nothing.

1. How can I do a trial?
  2. If previous can be done, can such a trial version be downloaded from Splunkbase, or only Directory link to vendor ?

best regards
Altin

0 Karma

altink
Builder

Thank you skoelpin,
yes, that is the idea, and I am aware of full in Splunkbase vs Directory only

My concern is what tool/syntax/code/third-party-apps is "put" inside a splunk apps to make it expire (full or partial) after X days.
This sure for Directory listing, because to my knowledge (correct me if wrong) what is fully published in Splunkbase is fully free and opened.

I have seen these Directory guys that say: "download full functional 60 day trial "Our Splunk" apps"!

How can this be done?
Can it be done in Simple XML forms?

best regards
Altin

0 Karma

kmorris_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Which app were you interested in. Most of the apps on Splunkbase are free and can be installed in Splunk (trial or not). If you are looking at a trial of one of Splunks premium apps, you can do a 7 day sandbox in the Cloud for Enterprise Security and IT Service Intelligence. This is with preloaded data to basically allow you to kick the tires on the app.

Request Enterprise Security or IT Service Intelligence Sandboxes here

If you are referring to apps that have a cost through a vendor or other party, then that would be something you would have to reach out to the vendor to see about a trial.

0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can download the Splunk Enterprise version of Splunk and it gives you a 60 day trial with full enterprise capabilities. After 60 days it will roll into the free version

So to answer your question, go to Splunk and download the Splunk Enterprise version and if you do not apply a license, it will assume it's a trial version

0 Karma

altink
Builder

Thank you for the answer.
But I am asking not how to have the whole Splunk trial, but how to have a single Splunk Apps trial.

regards
Altin

0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Which Apps are you looking to trial?

0 Karma

altink
Builder

MIne!

yet not published, and one of the reasons is my total darkness of how to make an Apps trial. Use 30 days, then enter key, or download non-public without key.

Example:
https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/725/
Quoted:
"THE SPLUNK APP FOR VMWARE IS AVAILABLE FOR A 60-DAY FREE TRIAL. If you wish to use the Splunk App for VMware beyond the trial, please contact your Splunk sales person."

my question:
how is this done ?

no where in the syntax, inputs, docs, answers, google... I did found this

best regards
Altin

0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Ah, so you want to put your app on Splunkbase and monetize it while also offering a trial version..

You will need to upload it to Splunkbase and select it as a Directory Listing.. See the link below

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunkbase/splunkbase/Splunkbase/Monetizeyourcontent

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...