Installation

Getting errors after installing Splunk 4.3.4 on a Windows 2003 server.

christiandwood

I just installed Splunk 4.3.4 on a Windows 2003 server to try it out but during the install I got the following error:

Application popup: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library : Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\Splunk\bin\splunkweb.exe
R6034 
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

And a another similar one as well:

Application popup: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library : Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\Splunk\bin\Python.EXE
R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

And then I get the same error in the event log when I try to start the services. I saw another post on this but the guy said that he uninstalled Python on the server and it worked, but I have Python scripts that run on the server and would rather not do that. Any ideas? I would really like to try out Splunk but can't until this is fixed. Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

splunker12er
Motivator

I encounter this error ., which I noticed that I have installed python on my machine 32-bit and 64-bit version and various versions - I uninstalled them and after that splunk installation is successfull

0 Karma

vvbaliga
Engager

What should be the variable name? I tried giving the path C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7, Still facing same issues

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

see the docs http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.3.0/Admin/AbouttheCLI

To set the $SPLUNK_HOME environment variable while working in a CLI session:

In Windows: splunk.exe envvars > setSplunkEnv.bat & setSplunkEnv.bat
0 Karma

rob_lamb
Explorer

I'm seeing the same issue. When I tried:
splunk.exe envvars > setSplunkEnv.bat & setSplunkEnv.bat
setSplunkEnv.bat is an empty file.

0 Karma

vvbaliga
Engager

Thanks I shall try that

0 Karma

b_loveless
Engager

I have this error too... but Splunk ver 6.x and Windows 10

0 Karma

christiandwood

I added the splunk/bin directory to the path environment variable with no change. Any other ideas? Thanks.

0 Karma

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

check your PATH and ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES, maybe your python is bypassing the one shipped with splunk.

christiandwood

I added the splunk/bin directory to the path environment variable with no change. Any other ideas? Thanks.

0 Karma

vvbaliga
Engager

I tried adding the same thing. Doesn't seem to work

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...