Installation

Getting errors after installing Splunk 4.3.4 on a Windows 2003 server.

christiandwood

I just installed Splunk 4.3.4 on a Windows 2003 server to try it out but during the install I got the following error:

Application popup: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library : Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\Splunk\bin\splunkweb.exe
R6034 
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

And a another similar one as well:

Application popup: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library : Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\Splunk\bin\Python.EXE
R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

And then I get the same error in the event log when I try to start the services. I saw another post on this but the guy said that he uninstalled Python on the server and it worked, but I have Python scripts that run on the server and would rather not do that. Any ideas? I would really like to try out Splunk but can't until this is fixed. Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

splunker12er
Motivator

I encounter this error ., which I noticed that I have installed python on my machine 32-bit and 64-bit version and various versions - I uninstalled them and after that splunk installation is successfull

0 Karma

vvbaliga
Engager

What should be the variable name? I tried giving the path C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7, Still facing same issues

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

see the docs http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.3.0/Admin/AbouttheCLI

To set the $SPLUNK_HOME environment variable while working in a CLI session:

In Windows: splunk.exe envvars > setSplunkEnv.bat & setSplunkEnv.bat
0 Karma

rob_lamb
Explorer

I'm seeing the same issue. When I tried:
splunk.exe envvars > setSplunkEnv.bat & setSplunkEnv.bat
setSplunkEnv.bat is an empty file.

0 Karma

vvbaliga
Engager

Thanks I shall try that

0 Karma

b_loveless
Engager

I have this error too... but Splunk ver 6.x and Windows 10

0 Karma

christiandwood

I added the splunk/bin directory to the path environment variable with no change. Any other ideas? Thanks.

0 Karma

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

check your PATH and ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES, maybe your python is bypassing the one shipped with splunk.

christiandwood

I added the splunk/bin directory to the path environment variable with no change. Any other ideas? Thanks.

0 Karma

vvbaliga
Engager

I tried adding the same thing. Doesn't seem to work

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...