Installation

Edit (overwrite) values in conf file in local directory on SHC members using deployer

dan_
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hi,

what is the best way to edit (overwrite) values in savedsearch.conf file in local directory on SHC members using deployer?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

dan_
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Let me explain with scenario.

I have below savedsearch.conf file on SHC member's directory /splunk/etc/apps/my_apps/local/

savedsearch.conf

[sample_stanza]

x = sample_value

I want to edit(overwrite) the file as below.

savedsearch.conf

[sample_stanza]

x = new_value

If I edit savedsearch.conf file in /splunk/etc/shcluster/apps/my_apps/local/ on deployer and push it to SHC members as local_only mode, it will not change the value of x to new value since the existing config has precidence. So in this case how can I overwirte the value of x = new_value in SHC members using deployer ?

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It seems that it's not possible with the deployer. All deployment options which touch the local config explicitly state that "the existing configuration on the member takes precedence". It makes sense - If you give some user permissions to edit some app's configuration (be it saved search, lookups, dashboards, whatever), why would you want to overwrite it, possibly destroying consistency if you delete some objects on which other objects rely?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...