Installation

DisableQuotaEnforcement" error

chaowarits

I using splunk version 6.2.5 with Splunk Enterprise Term License 6.5 and I got No-Enforcement key from my vender.
I try to install No-Enforcement key license to my Splunk but the error showed as below.

"Bad Request — In handler 'licenses': YYYYYY_Splunk.License: failed to parse license because: Feature="DisableQuotaEnforcement" is unrecognized."

Reference:
https://www.splunk.com/en_us/resources/splunk-enterprise-metered-license-enforcement-faq.html

Thank you

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk 6.2.x does not understand features added to the licensing in 6.5.x - do upgrade.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yup, the license master version is what matters here.

Your vendor should also be able to give you a pre-6.5-version without the no enforcement flag, but I'd recommend an upgrade to benefit from many features and security patches since 6.2.5 many years ago.

0 Karma

chaowarits

Thank you martin. I read the article from blog below so I think I only have license stack 6.5 so I can install no-enforcement key in earlier version but I could not get other cool feature...
I misunderstood.....

"If your organization isn’t ready to upgrade to Splunk Enterprise 6.5, you can simply upgrade your existing Splunk License Master to benefit from this change."

http://blogs.splunk.com/2016/10/18/splunk-takes-a-flexible-approach-to-license-enforcement-with-splu...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...