Installation

Core upgrade changes systemd unit file- Is there a way to keep my customizations?

cult_hero13
Loves-to-Learn

I use a slightly customized Splunkd systemd unit file. When I apply a core upgrade to my Splunk installation, I've found that my unit file has been renamed and replaced with what I can only assume is a default one from Splunk. Does anyone know if this is in a template file somewhere? I'm trying to see if there's a way to change it so it contains my customizations.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

cult_hero13
Loves-to-Learn

Correction... it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the upgrade but rather the use of (/opt/splunk/bin/splunk start|stop).  If either of these commands are issued, whatever Splunkd.service file exists is renamed and replaced with a new one.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

WATCH NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If exploited, ...

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...