Installation

Accidentally deleted auto_generated_pool, will there be any adverse effects?

Erilope
Explorer

Hello everyone, 

I was updating our licenses and I am still new to Splunk, so I accidentally deleted the auto_generated_pool. I recreated the pool to match the auto_generated_one, but I would just like to know if I might have broken anything or if there is anyway to get Splunk to generate another auto_generated_pool? I checked our indexers and I performed a few searches and it looks like we are still gathering data. 

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

chaker
Contributor

If you are only using 1 pool, it makes no difference. So long as you have a pool configured, that's all that is needed.

Pool's are used to assign different indexing volumes to different indexers. If all your indexers should be indexing data equally, then a single pool, either auto-generated, or manually created is all you need.

Have a read over this if you have not already:

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.1/Admin/Createalicensepool

View solution in original post

chaker
Contributor

If you are only using 1 pool, it makes no difference. So long as you have a pool configured, that's all that is needed.

Pool's are used to assign different indexing volumes to different indexers. If all your indexers should be indexing data equally, then a single pool, either auto-generated, or manually created is all you need.

Have a read over this if you have not already:

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.1/Admin/Createalicensepool

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...