Getting Data In

splunk.LicenseRestriction: [HTTP 402] Current license does not allow the requested action

eingram00
Engager

Just installed splunk 9.0.1 on an Ubuntu server and received an influx of internal errors in splunkd.log saying the following:

"message from "/opt/splunk/bin/python3.7 /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_assist/bin/uiassets_modular_input.py" splunk.LicenseRestriction: [HTTP 402] Current license does not allow the requested action"

What exactly is the forwarder trying to do that is causing this error to show? I've also attempted to add an enterprise license but receive the same error.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

marksheinbaum
Explorer

I'm seeing similar messages in my local Splunk install which is version 9.0.3. Additionally, the Splunk UI message looks like: 

Missing or malformed messages.conf stanza for MOD_INPUT:INIT_FAILURE__modinput_eventgen_the app "SA-Eventgen"_Introspecting scheme=modinput_eventgen: script running failed (exited with code 1).2/1/2023, 12:58:23 PM

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...