Getting Data In

serverclass whitelist.from_pathname auto-reload- Is there a better way?

splunk_zen
Builder

I setup half a dozen serverclasses leveraging CMDB sourced .csv and whitelist.from_pathname

This works great to managing serverclasses with thousands of clients, though I was surprised these serverclasses whitelisted clients would get stale unless I'd issue a reload deploy-server / reload deploy-server -class

Couldn't find any flag on the DS allowing whitelist.from_pathname to update whenever the linked .csv would update.
Is there any better way ?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

fredclown
Contributor

Yes, it would be nice if it watched the file and reloaded the config when the server file was updated. I think the only real option is to set up your process that updates the machine list to reload  the deploy-server  after the list is updated.

0 Karma

zzo
Observer

I have the same issue, and I'm very interested to get a solution here.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...