Getting Data In

sending in data over TCP

shangshin
Builder

Hi, I have web log file available on remote linux and would like to send it to splunk server over TCP. I have aded a new TCP port, 33333, on the splunk server but can't find the document to continue. Can someone show me the right direction or document?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

miwalker
Explorer

I am doing something similar at my company. There isn't a whole lot of setup necessary, really. Here's a bit of my inputs.conf

[tcp://33333]  
disabled = false  
connection_host = dns  
index = foo  
sourcetype = bar  

You can find more config in the docs for inputs.conf

Other than that, it pretty much works. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

miwalker
Explorer

I am doing something similar at my company. There isn't a whole lot of setup necessary, really. Here's a bit of my inputs.conf

[tcp://33333]  
disabled = false  
connection_host = dns  
index = foo  
sourcetype = bar  

You can find more config in the docs for inputs.conf

Other than that, it pretty much works. Hope this helps.

0 Karma

shangshin
Builder

I see. thank you.

0 Karma

miwalker
Explorer

So we have written an in house app that takes care of getting the log data out over TCP. You might be able to get creative with netcat or similar tools.

0 Karma

shangshin
Builder

Thanks for the answer. I can add these configuration in the splunk server but I am still puzzled on how to "push" web access log from remote server to splunk over tcp?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...