Getting Data In

send log to bucket s3

toporagno
Explorer

hello all,

I would need the logs to be sent to my S3 bucket smartstorage after 1 month from my security index, but they should still be accessible for another 5 months.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Indexers will automatically copy buckets from local storage to SmartStore/S3 when they roll from hot to warm.  You can try to tune the hot bucket lifetime to 30 days, but I don't recommend it.  Let them roll normally and size your SmartStore cache so it's large enough to hold 30 days' of data.

Use the frozenTimePeriodInSecs setting in indexes.conf to specify the lifetime of the data.  Buckets will be removed from S3 when the newest event in the bucket is older than the specified time.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...