Getting Data In

csv file integration

sourabh_v
Explorer

Hi All,

I am trying to integrate a csv file in Splunk. I have created a cluter with one Search head, two indexers. For field extraction i need to edit the props.conf and transforms.conf at both indexers through masters (pushing through masters at both peers) or i need to manually paste both configuration files at indexers ?

regards,
Sourabh

Tags (2)
0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Search peer / slave configuration needs to be pushed through from the master.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That sounds like something went wrong. Check Splunk logs, your configuration, etc. - make sure you're following the docs, such as this: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Indexer/Updatepeerconfigurations

Pushing the bundle from the master to the peers is the only supported method of distributing peer configurations.

0 Karma

sourabh_v
Explorer

But when i am trying to push the configuration files from master to peers, the default and local folders under $SPLUNK_HOME$etcslave-apps_cluster on peers got deleted and cluster stopped working. Is their any work around ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...