Getting Data In

Your entry was not saved. The following error was reported: SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0.?

russell120
Communicator

Reproduce the error:
1. Export the results of a previous search job (a table with 22 fields and 32k+ rows) as a CSV.
2. Attempt to upload CSV as a new lookup file with CSV filetype selected.

Why do I get this error? I've seen error messages similar to this for other peoples' questions but I have not seen any where the issue comes from trying to upload a CSV as a lookup file.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

Ne_phil
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Did you ever figure out how to resolve this error? I'm currently having the same issue. @russell120 

0 Karma

burwell
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I have seen this error when my authentication to Splunk has expired.

When I reauthenticate, the error has gone away.

0 Karma

DalJeanis
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It sounds like it's trying to ingest the file as a json rather than as a csv. Perhaps somebody touched the file with Excel and Microsoft converted it?

First, verify that the file is, in fact, a plain csv down on the box, by attempting to edit it with a vanilla editor (notepad++ or something like that).

Second, step through the upload one item at a time and read every instruction or message. This sounds vaguely familiar, and I'm pretty sure it's just either the file has been altered or an option that went wonky.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...