Getting Data In

Where do I start with troubleshooting Parsing Queue issues on a UF?

daniel333
Builder

All,

I have SplunkAdmins app installed and received alerts showing me that my Universal Forwarder on a series of Windows servers are having their "1 - Parsing Queue" backup pretty often. I don't have much installed there except Splunk_TA_windows. Point me to any good docs on troubleshooting Parsing Queue backups on the UF itself?

thanks
-Daniel

0 Karma
1 Solution

mayurr98
Super Champion

You should start looking for

index=_internal component=metrics name=parsingQueue WARN OR ERROR

View solution in original post

daniel333
Builder

Tracked down the problem on the UF's parsing queue to basically a limits.conf setting on KB per second. Needed closer to 1 meg per second from these hosts and had it set to 512. Once I tuned that the queue alerts went away.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The UF does not have a parsing queue. The error message you cite is part of the "Indexer Queues May Have Issues" alert so I suspect your configuration has mixed up indexer and UF host names. Check the setting for the indexerhosts macro.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

You should start looking for

index=_internal component=metrics name=parsingQueue WARN OR ERROR
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...