Getting Data In

Using DBConnect to pull logs from an application's internal database.

adnankhan5133
Communicator

Is it possible to use DBConnect to pull logs from an application's internal database? The situation we have here is that one of our MDM applications (Informatica) logs all of their audit trail records into a relational database. This isn't like an Oracle database that can be queried via SQL - it's internal to Informatica and can only be accessed via the Informatica UI. Informatica is installed on-prem, so we aren't using a cloud-based version.

With that said, how would we go about pulling the audit logs into Splunk? Would DBConnect have a way of connecting to this internal database, or would another method need to be used here?

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

anilchaithu
Builder

@adnankhan5133 

I am sure these audit logs are written to a log file before uploading to an internal database.

Does your team has access to this server? If you can identify the log path (location of the logs on the server), either you OR server team can install splunk UF on the server and can forward the data to splunk indexers.

Other option would be calling REST end point for this application (if available) using splunk modular input.

Hope this helps

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...