Getting Data In

Splunk App for Check Point

gstefancyk
Path Finder

I am currently pulling logs from my Check Point Management station successfully and can search on them with no issues. I am trying to get the Splunk app for Check Point to display data and am looking for some clarification on what indexes need to be created?

Currently I have all Check Point non-audit logs going into the default index. Can anyone clarify for me what index the Splunk App for Check Point looks at and what index or indexes I need to create?

0 Karma
1 Solution

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The Splunk app for Checkpoint seems to use checkpoint_indexas a macro behind most of the searches. That macro is simple and says index=checkpoint, so your data needs to be indexed in the index "checkpoint". (You could - though I don't recommend it - change that macro to point to main. More explanation can be given, but mostly it's just you shouldn't use main.)

Speaking of which, did you set up the Splunk add-on for Check Point OPSEC LEA as the docs mention?

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The Splunk app for Checkpoint seems to use checkpoint_indexas a macro behind most of the searches. That macro is simple and says index=checkpoint, so your data needs to be indexed in the index "checkpoint". (You could - though I don't recommend it - change that macro to point to main. More explanation can be given, but mostly it's just you shouldn't use main.)

Speaking of which, did you set up the Splunk add-on for Check Point OPSEC LEA as the docs mention?

0 Karma

gstefancyk
Path Finder

Thanks rich7177.

I must have missed that little section at the bottom of the App details page that says log everything to "checkpoint". I have configured the opsec lea add on to log to index checkpoint and data is now populating the Splunk App for Check Point.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...