Getting Data In

Splunk 9.2.0.1 Bug

banaie
Path Finder

Hi all,

I have faced a serious problem after upgrading indexers to 9.2.0.1! Occasionally, they stop data flow and sometimes are shown down on cluster master!

I analyzed the problem and it shows this error occasionally:

Search peer indexer-1 has the following message: The index processor has paused data flow. Too many tsidx files in idx=main bucket="/opt/SplunkData/db/defaultdb/hot_v1_13320" , waiting for the splunk-optimize indexing helper to catch up merging them. Ensure reasonable disk space is available, and that I/O write throughput is not compromised. 

It worked smooth with same load in lower versions! I think this is a bug in new version or some more configuration is needed!

Finally, I rolled back to 9.1.3 and it now works perfectly.

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

banaie
Path Finder

I can confirm that the problem is fixed on version 9.2.1! I upgraded to version 9.2.1 and those indexers work perfectly without additional configuration!

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Karma

banaie
Path Finder

I can confirm that the problem is fixed on version 9.2.1! I upgraded to version 9.2.1 and those indexers work perfectly without additional configuration!

Thanks

0 Karma

marnall
Builder

It might be possible to tweak the indexer queue size and change the indexes.conf settings, as per this other community post:

https://community.splunk.com/t5/Splunk-Enterprise/The-index-processor-has-paused-data-flow-How-to-op...

According to the post it should be fixed in version 9.1, but perhaps something has made the issue resurface.

0 Karma

banaie
Path Finder

@marnall 

Thanks for your reply. 

You are right! It is the same problem! But, it was said that it is fixed in 9.1 and I don't have any problem on 9.1.3! However, same bug has re-appeared on 9.2.0.1 again! 

0 Karma

marnall
Builder

Indeed. You could try the workaround. Perhaps it still works.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...