Getting Data In

Setup UiPath logging export

_joe
Communicator

Hello all,

In our environment, the UiPath team doesn't seem to know how to expect the export expecting in the default inputs.conf (C:\uipath_logs). Is there any documentation that might help them?

Labels (3)
0 Karma

deepakc
Builder

My understanding is that your UiPath  team, does not know how to export the UiPath logs.

You will need to first determine the method's and options available to you in terms of the logs types, they could be json, csv, xml etc.  So its best to have a look at the UIPath documentation that the vendor provides. 

Its also best to design the data flow and ensure the data you want to collect, what format it is , and how to get it into Splunk. 

This looks like a SaaS service, so , so you may be able to send the data direct to Splunk's HEC endpoint, rather that than the inputs which is logging to a C:\uipath_logs, so you will need to workout how to export those logs to a file in the folder and use the inputs or another option is send it to Splunk HEC via API, which means you create a Splunk HEC service with a token and send the data there. 

There is some documentation for this, but you will need your team to ensure its correct, if not, then contact the vendor and get some information on what options are available to you in terms of UiPath export. 
https://docs.uipath.com/insights/automation-suite/2023.4/user-guide/overview-real-time-data-export 

0 Karma

_joe
Communicator

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I guess I should have better explained that I was hoping to receive audit logs (failed logins, etc.).  That is what the UiPath team here is saying that cannot put at a file location without "manual labor." We settled on a database connection. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Archived Metrics Now Available for APAC and EMEA realms

We’re excited to announce the launch of Archived Metrics in Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring for our customers ...

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

WATCH NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If exploited, ...

Enter the Dashboard Challenge and Watch the .conf24 Global Broadcast!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is still happening, and it's not too late to enter for the week of ...