Getting Data In

Missing "Message" field

wnyricsplunk
Explorer

We are moving away from using Windows Event Collection to installing the Universal Forwarder on as many Windows machines as we can. I ran into an interesting issue that I don't know how to resolve.
Event 1646, when collected using WEC and then forwarded to Splunk shows this information, which doesn't appear if the same event is sent directly by the UF.

wnyricsplunk_0-1650645921382.png

I copied the stanza used by the UF on the WEC server and deployed it to the machine where the event is generated but I am still not seeing the "extra" data when not using WEC. What am I missing? (Something easy, no doubt). Seems as though I don't see the "Message" field when the event is collected by the UF.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...