Getting Data In

How can I fix MS Cloud Services TA Auth error?

pbarbuto
Path Finder

We migrated the MSCS TA to a new HF and are receiving authentication errors even though we're using the same client id, secret, and tenant id. I'm thinking its likely something network related and the auth error is misleading. I'm trying to find out exactly what URL(s) I need to whitelist - I cant find anything in the docs.

Here is the error: "REST Error [400]: Bad Request -- Account authentication failed. Please check your credentials and try again".

Like I said, I am using the same credentials, just a different host.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

merrelr
Path Finder

I had the same issue setting up an Azure App Account. Turns out it was due to having

mgmtHostPort = 0.0.0.0:8089

vs the default of

mgmtHostPort = 127.0.0.1:8089

in web.conf/[settings].

0 Karma

jconger
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

How did you migrate? If it was a file copy rather than a new installation, your client secret may not decrypt correctly if your splunk.secret file is not the same.

0 Karma

pbarbuto
Path Finder

Its not a file copy. Its a new install of the TA on a different host. I didnt copy any of the files, just recreating the configs and inputs on the new host using the same credentials and authentication details.

0 Karma

mnajeeb93
Engager

Where you able to resolve this problem? I am facing the same issue. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...