Getting Data In

Is it possible to transform JSON events to be independent, then store them in another index?

splunksumman
Explorer

Hello community, once again, I need your help.

I have a training source in json format in which transactions with 50 different tasks are registered, something like this:

{
  "NoTramite": "123456",
  "task": {
    "A": {
      "FechaAsignacion": "01-10-2018",
      "FechaGestion": "23-10-2018",
      "UsuarioGestion": "PEDRO",
      "Observacion": ""
    },
    "B": {
      "FechaAsignacion": "01-11-2018",
      "FechaGestion": "01-11-2018",
      "UsuarioGestion": "CARLOS",
    },
    "C": {
      "FechaAsignacion": "01-12-2018",
      "FechaGestion": "10-12-2018",
      "UsuarioGestion": "MARIO",
    }
  }
}

each event of a transaction has tasks A, B, C ... n up to 50 tasks

indexing them in Splunk the name of the field is like this:
task.A.DateAsignation
task.A.FechaGestion
task.A.UsuarioGestion
task.A.Observation
task.B.FechaAsignacion
task.B.FechaGestion
task.B.UsuarioGestion
task.B.Observation

I know that the ideal is to have an event for each task assigned to the number of the transaction.

Is it possible to transform these events to be independent and then store them in another index?

What would be the best recommendation to handle this type of event?

0 Karma
1 Solution

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@splunksumman

Can you please below search?

YOUR_SEARCH | rex field=_raw "\"task\":\s{(?<task>.*)}}$" 
| rex max_match=0 mode=sed field=task "s/\"},\"/\"}|\"/g" 
| eval task=split(task,"|") 
| mvexpand task 
| eval _raw=task 
| table _raw | rex field=_raw "\"(?<PArea>.*)\":\s\{\"FechaAsignacion\":\s\"(?<FechaAsignacion>.*)\",\"FechaGestion\":\s\"(?<FechaGestion>.*)\",\"UsuarioGestion\":\s\"(?<UsuarioGestion>.*)\",\"Observacion\":\s\"(?<Observacion>.*)\"\}" | table  PArea FechaAsignacion FechaGestion UsuarioGestion Observacion

My Sample Search:

| makeresults 
| eval _raw="{\"NoTramite\": \"123456\",\"task\": {\"A\": {\"FechaAsignacion\": \"01-10-2018\",\"FechaGestion\": \"23-10-2018\",\"UsuarioGestion\": \"PEDRO\",\"Observacion\": \"\"},\"B\": {\"FechaAsignacion\": \"01-11-2018\",\"FechaGestion\": \"01-11-2018\",\"UsuarioGestion\": \"CARLOS\",\"Observacion\": \"\"},\"C\": {\"FechaAsignacion\": \"01-12-2018\",\"FechaGestion\": \"10-12-2018\",\"UsuarioGestion\": \"MARIO\",\"Observacion\": \"\"},\"D\": {\"FechaAsignacion\": \"01-12-2018\",\"FechaGestion\": \"10-12-2018\",\"UsuarioGestion\": \"MARIO1\",\"Observacion\": \"\"}}}" 
| rex field=_raw "\"task\":\s{(?<task>.*)}}$" 
| mvexpand task 
| eval _raw=task 
| table _raw | rex field=_raw "\"(?<PArea>.*)\":\s\{\"FechaAsignacion\":\s\"(?<FechaAsignacion>.*)\",\"FechaGestion\":\s\"(?<FechaGestion>.*)\",\"UsuarioGestion\":\s\"(?<UsuarioGestion>.*)\",\"Observacion\":\s\"(?<Observacion>.*)\"\}" | table  PArea FechaAsignacion FechaGestion UsuarioGestion Observacion

Note: The regex might require changes in case of variation of JSON pattern.

View solution in original post

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@splunksumman

Can you please below search?

YOUR_SEARCH | rex field=_raw "\"task\":\s{(?<task>.*)}}$" 
| mvexpand task 
| eval _raw=task 

My Sample Search:

| makeresults 
| eval _raw="{\"NoTramite\": \"123456\",\"task\": {\"A\": {\"FechaAsignacion\": \"01-10-2018\",\"FechaGestion\": \"23-10-2018\",\"UsuarioGestion\": \"PEDRO\",\"Observacion\": \"\"},\"B\": {\"FechaAsignacion\": \"01-11-2018\",\"FechaGestion\": \"01-11-2018\",\"UsuarioGestion\": \"CARLOS\",\"Observacion\": \"\"},\"C\": {\"FechaAsignacion\": \"01-12-2018\",\"FechaGestion\": \"10-12-2018\",\"UsuarioGestion\": \"MARIO\",\"Observacion\": \"\"},\"D\": {\"FechaAsignacion\": \"01-12-2018\",\"FechaGestion\": \"10-12-2018\",\"UsuarioGestion\": \"MARIO1\",\"Observacion\": \"\"}}}" 
| rex field=_raw "\"task\":\s{(?<task>.*)}}$" 
| mvexpand task 
| eval _raw=task 

Note: The regex might require changes in case of variation of JSON pattern.

splunksumman
Explorer

Hi @siddharthkhatsuriya thank for you answer,

Is it possible how are the names of the fields to build a dataset similar to this example?

alt text

What I'm looking for is being able to answer questions like:

Top of tasks
duration of tasks
etc..

Thank you.

0 Karma

siddharthkhatsu
Explorer

Hey, I have found a similar issue with a proper answer
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/376095/how-can-i-split-a-json-array-in-mutiple-events.html

Hope this helps.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...