Getting Data In

Is it possible to monitor F5 load balancer ssl certificates using Splunk?

joe06031990
Communicator

Hi,

Is it possible to monitor F5 load balancer ssl certificates using Splunk?

Thanks.

0 Karma
1 Solution

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk as such is not monitoring any particular equipment or solutions. Splunk ingests events (there can be ready-made add-ons for retrieving data from some types of sources) and can act on them.

So as long as you can provide splunk with the information regarding F5 certificates splunk can alert you if that information fulfills some conditions (like expiration data being in a near future). But the first thing to do is to get that information into splhnk.

As far as I can see, F5 add-on which you can install on your splunk infrastructure can pull some configuration data from F5 boxes but I have no idea if it contains certificate data. If it doesn't, you'd have to develop your own scripted or modular input that would  pull that information from F5 or find a way for F5 to push that data to splunk (over syslog or other protocol).

View solution in original post

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk as such is not monitoring any particular equipment or solutions. Splunk ingests events (there can be ready-made add-ons for retrieving data from some types of sources) and can act on them.

So as long as you can provide splunk with the information regarding F5 certificates splunk can alert you if that information fulfills some conditions (like expiration data being in a near future). But the first thing to do is to get that information into splhnk.

As far as I can see, F5 add-on which you can install on your splunk infrastructure can pull some configuration data from F5 boxes but I have no idea if it contains certificate data. If it doesn't, you'd have to develop your own scripted or modular input that would  pull that information from F5 or find a way for F5 to push that data to splunk (over syslog or other protocol).

0 Karma

joe06031990
Communicator

Thanks thought as much.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...