Getting Data In

If I remove conditions from the includelist of a Server Class, will that remove the matching clients?

fzuazo
Path Finder

Greetings all, 

Regarding server classes and clients.

If I remove conditions from the includelist of a Server Class, will that also automatically remove the clients matching those conditions from the Server Class or will I still need to manually remove those clients ?

Thanks !

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Once you remove the condition from the include list then that client should no longer be part of the class (unless there are other conditions that include that client).

If you remove the condition by manually editing serverclass.conf then be sure to reload or restart the deployment server.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Once you remove the condition from the include list then that client should no longer be part of the class (unless there are other conditions that include that client).

If you remove the condition by manually editing serverclass.conf then be sure to reload or restart the deployment server.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...