Getting Data In

I've exported an app to a client, but why were the sourcetypes not exported automatically?

vtsguerrero
Contributor

I've exported an app to a client, but the sourcetypes were not exported automatically. Shouldn't they be inside the app's prop's config?
In total, they are 8 sourcetype now now, but they only exist in my local Splunk server...

Tags (3)
0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Permissions might be the culprit here. If the sourcetype configurations are in the user folder, then they don't get exported with the app. If they are in the local folder of a different app, then they won't get exported.

Run this to see where it is on your local Splunk server, and then move it to the app where it needs to be.

$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk cmd btool props list --debug

Look for your source type, it will show you where the config is being pulled from.

0 Karma

vtsguerrero
Contributor

When I open the btool.exe it immediately closes, can't run the command...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...