Getting Data In

How to uninstall/reinstall Universal Forwarder

ericlew

I have uninstalled the collector (ver. splunkforwarder-6.3.0-aa7d4b1ccb80-x64-release.msi) on Server 2012 R2, when I try to reinstall it I get the message "Product: UniversalForwarder -- This version of UniversalForwarder has already been installed on this computer." I uninstalled using add/remove programs, have rebooted, checked the registry for anything Splunk related and cant find anything.

any suggestions ?

Thanks, Eric

0 Karma

splunkcol
Builder

1. enter CMD as administrator
2. write the WMIC command
3. type the PRODUCT GET NAME command
4. you will see a list of all the programs installed in the operating system where the name of the Universal forwarder is "UniversalForwarder"
5. If you want to see general information about the program, you can execute the command PRODUCT WHERE NAME = "UniversalForwarder"
6. Now to uninstall the Universal forwarder use the command PRODUCT WHERE NAME = "UniversalForwarder" call uninstall (when a message appears press Y to confirm the uninstallation)

this video helped me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX2usQvNUeM

0 Karma

bschwind
Engager

I received same error. Version: splunkforwarder-6.3.0-aa7d4b1ccb80-x64-release.msi.
The right-click and uninstall did not work for me.

I fixed it and was able to install by deleting the following registry key. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\C042F9A1CE44AA641A538C56CC9204B1

vasanthmss
Motivator

Have you check the services?

V
0 Karma

ericlew

Yes, the uninstall removed the directory, however, I think I just fixed the issue. I right clicked on the splunkforwarder-6.3.0-aa7d4b1ccb80-x64-release.msi file and there was an option to Uninstall, which I selected, it looked like it actually was doing something, and I can now run through the install

thank you for your reply

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you deleted the Splunk directory? It may be called "Splunk Universal Forwarder".

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...