Getting Data In

How to solve this error: The system cannot find the file specified in splunkd log of splunk universal forwarder

varshini_97
Path Finder

Hi,

I am trying to run a python script on my universal forwarder which send data to splunk cloud instance. I have added the path in inputs.conf and there is not events found in my index.

While checking on splunkd logs, there shows a error "The system cannot find the file specified".

what could be the problem?

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

varshini_97
Path Finder

Hi @gcusello ,

The issue is fixed now.

The forwarder was searching for python3.exe where i have python.exe in my splunkuniversalforwarder folder. So it couldn't find the file. 

The issue is fixed as I renamed the file name.

Thanks for ur solutions @gcusello 

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @varshini_97,

I suppose that you already checked the filename and the path.

Did you checked also if the user you're using to run the script has the grants on that file and folder?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

varshini_97
Path Finder

Hi @gcusello ,

I have checked the filename and path.

Regarding the grants for the file, I am unable to add my splunk user in the security tab of Access window.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @varshini_97,

as you can suppose, the user used to launch the script must have the execution grants.

Try to execute it using the same user and see if you still have the issue.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

varshini_97
Path Finder

Hi @gcusello ,

The issue is fixed now.

The forwarder was searching for python3.exe where i have python.exe in my splunkuniversalforwarder folder. So it couldn't find the file. 

The issue is fixed as I renamed the file name.

Thanks for ur solutions @gcusello 

0 Karma

jdtcabanglan
Loves-to-Learn

Hi Can you share what file did you rename to fix the issue. I'm also getting the same issue.

Thank you

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @varshini_97,

good for you, see next time!

Please accept one answer for the other people of Community

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...