Getting Data In

How to see the logs of the second forwarders logs? (Using two forwarders and one indexer)

aatik5u
Path Finder

Hello there,

I am working on VMware, I have two linux machines that I'm using as universal forwarders (ubuntu desktop and a linux server that are configured in the exact same way as forwarders). I have another linux machine that I'm using as an indexer.

The thing is that one of my forwarders (linux server) is forwarding correctly to the indexer, and i can see all the information i need in the index main. BUT the second forwarder logs are nowhere to be found. Although I can see the 2nd universal forwarder when I type index=_internal in the search bar but this index doesn't show any logs.

Can someone help me please so I can see the logs of the second forwarders logs?

Have a great day everyone!

Abir

Labels (3)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @aatik5u,

if you can see both the forwarders, this means that the connection is correctly established.

The problem could be at input level: how do you configured inputs on Forwarders?

did you used a TA (e.g. TA_Linux) or what else?

You can sse this in the $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps folder of Forwarders: there are some common apps installed by Splunk and some apps installed to take logs e.g. TA_Linux (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/833/).

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...